[ofw] receive queue depth effect on pingpong latency

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 18 15:28:53 PDT 2010

Hi Fab,

I'm sorry that I don't have time to look at this thoroughly this week (maybe someone else will).

In any case, this looks to me like "End of queue" for IB.

What this means is that if there are no receive wqes, the card sends nacks and stops traffic. (probably not your case)
When there is only one receive packet IB also does not work efficiency, and fw flow is being used. (this is probably what you see ).

This does not explain everything that you see, but it probably explains the first 3 lines.

By the way, can you post more receive packets and see if this helps?