[ofw] changes to the file user/man/opensm.8 introduced in checkin #2829

Smith, Stan stan.smith at intel.com
Mon Sep 13 09:59:15 PDT 2010

________________________________
From: Tzachi Dar [mailto:tzachid at mellanox.co.il]
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 3:42 AM
To: Smith, Stan
Cc: ofw at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: changes to the file user/man/opensm.8 introduced in checkin #2829

Hi Stan,

As part of this checkin, the man page for opensm was changed, and it now contains /usr/local/etc/opensm/opensm.conf instead of @OPENSM_CONFIG_DIR@/@OPENSM_CONFIG_FILE at .

Was this by design? It seems that the first is more appropriate for windows.

Hello,
  man pages are Linux constructs which do not exist for Windows. As such I treat opensm man pages (from the management git tree) as raw Linux data and extract the text to HTML.  The HTML is then inserted into the winOFED manual (manual.htm). In doing so I correct those Linuxism to reflect the Windows implementation.
Please see trunk\docs\manual.htm (search for opensm.conf).

To answer your initial question: yes, by design; although I'm open for discussions as to how one might automate the process more.