[ofw] IPoIB support for IMGP V3 packets?

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Thu Sep 23 10:24:03 PDT 2010

I believe that this is the default even on windows 2003, not to mention the normal 2008 R2 ones.

Currently we ask people to change the default to use IGMP v2. We can continue with this, or do a bigger work of understanding which packets are being used.

I believe that the first thing to do is to try and remember why this was done at the first place. I believe that the main idea was related to telling when a multicast group was abandoned (that is a multicast group was created by a packet being sent). As far as I remember we have once thought about it and reached a conclusion that the packet parsing was not realy needed.