[ofw] Fwd: Chelsio T3 information

Diego Guella diego.guella at sircomtech.com
Wed Sep 29 05:02:54 PDT 2010

Hi Steve,

>From: "Steve Wise"
> RDMAP: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5040.txt
> DDP: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5041.txt
> MPA: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc5044.txt

After some reading of these RFCs, I have a question.

RFC5040 page 8:
"iWARP - A suite of wire protocols comprised of RDMAP, DDP, and MPA.
The iWARP protocol suite may be layered above TCP, SCTP, or other
transport protocols."

How is iWARP layered in the current implementations (existing devices on the
market)?
Is it layered on top of TCP/MPA? Or SCTP? Or both simultaneously?

In other words:
I want to communicate with an iWARP device from a standard 1Gigabit Ethernet
port.
To get some basic interoperation with existing hardware
(Chelsio/NetEffect/etc.), do I need to support both TCP/MPA and SCTP or can
I restrict to one of these protocols?

Thanks,
Diego