[ofw] rdma_join_multicast not implemented??

ljchrist at rockwellcollins.com ljchrist at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Jan 25 12:50:58 PST 2011

I just attended the RDMA programming class that OpenFabrics held.  I was
interested in applying what I had learned to create an application that
uses UD and multicast using the new WinOF 2.3 release.  I have not had
much success in doing so, so I downloaded the source code and searched for
the rdma_join_multicast() and rdma_leave_multicast() functions.  It looks
like these functions are not currently implemented as they just have the
following code: return rdma_seterrno(ENOSYS);

I got the impression, from my class, that multicast should be there on the
Linux side so this would appear to be a difference in functionality
between Linux and Windows.  Is there any plan to implement these in the
next release, or am I completely missing something.

Thanks!

Layne Christensen
Rockwell Collins