[ofw] Double tracking of AV (address vectors) by the PD and the send_mad

Tzachi Dar tzachid at mellanox.co.il
Fri Jul 1 07:02:10 PDT 2011

While working on debugging a bug in the IBAL code we have came to conclusion that send mads use addresses vectors. This AV are being handled by the mad which will return them to the pool once it has done with them.

However, in the case of closing of the IBAL instance the PD also gets closed. When it is closed it goes to all it's sons (i.e. the AV) and returns them to the pool. This leads to data corruptions on the AV pool.

Is there something that we don't understand here, or is this a bug?

Thanks

Tzachi and Irena.