[ofw] issue with checkin# 3122

Uri Habusha urih at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 21 04:48:51 PDT 2011

Hi Stan,

I adopted your checkin# 3122 - IOC poll on demand.

When disabling the drive an ASSERT is popup. The ASSERT is in  following code in port_mgr_pnp_cb function

                                CL_ASSERT( p_ctx );    <== The problematic assert
                                if (p_ctx)
                                {
                                                p_bfi = p_ctx->p_bus_filter;
                                                CL_ASSERT( p_bfi );
                                                if (p_bfi->p_port_mgr->active_ports > 0)
                                                                cl_atomic_dec( &p_bfi->p_port_mgr->active_ports );
                                }
                                port_mgr_port_remove( (ib_pnp_port_rec_t*)p_pnp_rec );
                                break;

I noticed that in the port_mgr_port_remove there is a check if the ctx is valid or not. So I guess it's a known issue that can happen. For now I removed the assert in our code.

Please take a look in the code and see if it's valid fix (if so please change ofw code accordingly) or debug the issue. It happens when disable \enable the low level driver.

Uri

Uri Habusha
Windows SW Development Lead

Mellanox Technologies