[ofw] Doing queries on subnet every 30 seconds

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 7 15:07:46 PDT 2011

Hi Stan,

Smith, Stan wrote on Tue, 7 Jun 2011 at 14:39:03

> Hello all,
>   The 'simple' IOC sweep-on-demand solution tested out to be valid using a
> Linux RHEL 5.3, OFED-1.5.1 SRP target(vdisks).
> Specifically, perform an IOC sweep only when
>
> 1) requested (QUERY_DEVICE_RELATIONS for device 'IB Bus') or
> 2) a PORT_ACTIVE pnp event occurs.
>
> The registry key 'IocPollInterval' value definitions have been expanded:
>
> 0 == no IOC sweeping/rescan.
> 1 == IOC sweep on demand ( QUERY_DEVICE_RELATIONS for device 'IB Bus',
> 'devcon rescan') or PORT_ACTIVE pnp event occurs.
> > 1 == IOC sweep every 'IocPollInterval' milliseconds (current behavior).

Can we make 30000 another reserved value, identical in meaning to 1?  This would provide a smooth upgrade path for current installations, since the existing registry entry won't be modified.  The only 'regression' in this case is that if you plug in an SRP target on the fabric, it won't be automatically picked up as it would be before this change (not quite plug and play, but more plug, rescan, and play).

Do we want to have a minimum interval of some sort, to prevent users from having IOC sweeps fire ever 2 milliseconds?

Nice work,