[ofw] Doing queries on subnet every 30 seconds

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Tue May 3 11:21:47 PDT 2011

Hefty, Sean wrote on Mon, 2 May 2011 at 10:54:36

>> Is there any objection to disable it by default?
>
> I don't object, in fact, I'd prefer it.

We shouldn't be querying on a fixed interval.  I think it would be good to leave the logic there and issue a query when IRP_MJ_PNP:IRP_MN_QUERY_DEVICE_RELATIONS is received by the bus driver.  That way, I/O devices can be discovered when users click the "rescan hardware" button in the device manager, but otherwise things stay quiet.

Longer term, we would probably want some configuration tools to discover and configure I/O devices.  I believe there's already some logic in the bus driver to configure devices statically (at the very least this is how IPoIB is reported, but I thought this was extended to support Xsigo), so we're probably just missing tools for discovery/management of those static entries.