[ofw] Doing queries on subnet every 30 seconds

Fab Tillier ftillier at microsoft.com
Tue May 3 11:29:58 PDT 2011

Hal Rosenstock wrote on Tue, 3 May 2011 at 11:20:01

> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:15 PM, Fab Tillier <ftillier at microsoft.com> wrote:
>> Hal Rosenstock wrote on Mon, 2 May 2011 at 05:09:46

>>> What is __ioc_query_sa doing ? Where is this code found ? Is this an
>>> SA query ? Which one ?
>>
>> Basically, if I recall correctly, it queries the SM for all port records and all
>> path records, does a join of the tables to get all paths to ports that have the
>> IOC bit set, and then sends DM MADs to discover I/O devices.
>
> There is a much better optional algorithm for this with more recent SMs.

What is wanted is a query for all paths to ports with the DM bit set.  What's this better algorithm?

Another thing we should change is that IBAL sets the DM bit by default on all nodes, and that should be disabled too.  I would suggest we drop support for device management from IBAL - it can be implemented above it if someone needs it.

-Fab