[ofw] Opensm & WinMad: a race, cauing BSOD722

Hefty, Sean sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jan 26 17:24:08 PST 2012

The attached patch will hopefully fix the problem.  I have not been able to test this.  I see errors trying to load the mlx4_bus at the head of the svn tree.

   MLX4_SF_8_0_0: QUERY_FW command failed with error -19.
   The adapter card is non-functional.
   Most likely a FW problem.

I swapped the HCA with one from another system, but still see the error.  The OFED 3.0 release works fine.  I will try backing out my changes and testing with the head of the svn tree tomorrow or early next week, though I don't see why the changes would affect loading the driver.