[Users] Event handling/notification in opensm

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed Aug 15 11:41:44 PDT 2012

Since nobody seems to be starting any conversations on our newly-minted
OFA users list, I guess I'll try.

Is there any documentation somewhere that describes how to integrate
trap-style events in opensm, into some external system?  For example, at
the OFA User Day last week, Ira mentioned the new performance manager
code in opensm, that would clear error counters when they reached 75% of
the maximum, and would then send a trap about the event.

So far, I can see some trap related events in the opensm.log, but I have
no idea how to do anything with them.  For example, I might want to
execute a script, or send an SNMP trap to something else, etc.  Is there
any way to integrate this, short of periodically parsing the logfile?
Any equivalent to snmptrapd, to execute specific actions when specific
traps are received?

Thanks,
--
Lloyd Brown