[Users] FCA Testing

Susan Coulter markus at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 21 09:01:37 PDT 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 9:10 AM, Florent Parent wrote:

> Not tested here. I actually found this existed while at the OFED user day.
>
> I'm glad you are trying this out. This would be interesting to us too. :)
>
> We have a user code here that performs (communication wise) about 10
> fold better on a Qlogic based cluster over our Mellanox IB system. We
> have more tests to do, but we boiled this down to the connection rate
> (user job does MPI send/recv across multiple ranks) being better over
> the Qlogic system.
>
> The Mellanox FCA or MXM would be interesting to tests to see if things
> improve. Although we have the (old) ConnectX (not the 2 or 3)

The documentation states ConnectX-2 is required for FCA, not sure about MXM.

If I can get some results from FCA, MXM is my next area of research.
I believe PSM really helps QLogic performance.
Many of our codes are running faster on our QLogic cluster.

I will keep the list updated with any significant results.