[Users] IB partitioning

Jesper Larsen JLA at fcoo.dk
Wed Oct 3 04:52:34 PDT 2012

Hi IB people

I am trying to get basic partitioning working on our IB using opensm. I am using this (partitions.conf) configuration file:

Default=0x7fff, rate=7, defmember=limited: ALL;
DevNet=0x7eee, rate=7, defmember=full: 0x78e7d1030021ecad, 0x78e7d10300245fa5;

This means that I make all members of the default group limited. And I create a new group which has two full members, namely two of our computing nodes. When I run (as root):

# ibping -S

on the first node and

# ibping -G 0x78e7d1030021ecad

on the other node I get:

ibwarn: [29529] mad_rpc_rmpp: _do_madrpc failed; dport (Lid 9)

When the config file simply contains:

Default=0x7fff, rate=7, defmember=full: ALL;

the ping works fine. Does anyone know what is wrong with the first partitions.conf file?

Best regards,
Jesper Baasch-Larsen