[Users] interpreting ibdiagnet output

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 10:48:18 PDT 2012

Is there a canonical place that describes the errors reflected in
ibdiagnet output, and potential resolutions? I'm trying to fix up a
qdr fabric, and am seeing a combination of:
 - symbol errors (these are pretty clear; i'm assuming that cable
replacement is the solution in a lot of these cases)
 - ipoib speed errors (the group is at 10 gbit, but the network is
capable of 40; is this a cosmetic error, or will it cause actual
performance problems?)
 - pages of multicast errors (not really sure what to do here)
 - nagging issues with arping (which i suspect might have to do with
the previous multicast errors)

Various vendor docs describe how to run ibdiagnet, but don't do any
more than reproduce some output. I'm happy to RTFM, but a fair big of
googling has not revealed with FM to R. ;)
 -nld