[Users] RDMA WRITE operation using kernel verbs.

jagadeesh kumar jagadeesh414.ece at gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 04:04:56 PST 2013

Hi all,

       I am learning RDMA_WRITE operation using OFED Verbs(Kernel space).
As RDMA_WRITE operation will not generate completion entry on Responder
side,
I am following the technique like polling on the last byte of receive
buffer.

Steps i followed are:
1. kmalloc is used for memory allocation,
2. ib_reg_phys_mr is used for memory registration,
3. RDMA WRITE is requested on initiator side and the completion entry is
success,
4. Responder is polling on last byte of receive buffer to be set,
but Responder is not able to find the buffer updation and stuck in infinite
loop.

Please help me in solving the above mentioned problem. Let me know if
something is missed.

     The same approach i.e. polling on last byte of receive buffer works
for me in
user space(uverbs) RDMA_WRITE operation.

My host machine is running Linux kernel 2.6.18.

Any reference or web links will be useful.

Thanks & Regards
Jagadeesh.