[Users] how to find max memory that can be registered

jagadeesh kumar jagadeesh414.ece at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 21:54:21 PDT 2013

Hi all,

   I am new to InfiniBand, and writting an application(using OFED-1.5.4)
for Mellanox HCA InfiniHost Ex25208 (board_id : HP_0060000001), which
registers 16GB memory using ibv_reg_mr but it is failing (returns NULL).
My machine have sufficient memory (64 GB) and i am able to register less
than 16GB.
Is it the HCA which is limiting this and if yes, is there any way to find
out maximum memory that can be registered.
I have tried ibv_query_device but it returned max_mr_size as
0XFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF(16 times).

Thanks
Jagadeesh