[Users] how to find max memory that can be registered

Robert D. Russell rdr at iol.unh.edu
Tue Jul 23 06:11:03 PDT 2013

Jagadeesh:

I assume you are using Linux as your operating system.
This error has nothing to do with the HCA, and everything
to do with your OS.  In Linux, there is a file named
/etc/security/limits.conf that limits the amount of memory
that can be pinned, which is what OFA registration does.
To allow an unlimited amount of memory to be pinned
(i.e., registered), just add the following 2 lines
at the end of this file:
* hard memlock unlimited
* soft memlock unlimited

It works for us.