[Users] increasing limit of Registerable memory with OFED-3.5-1

Anton Starikov ant.starikov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 05:47:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

there was a long discussion time ago on what to use. log_mtts_per_seg increases fragmentation.

But, overal problem is not to increase this limit, but because there is bug in 1.6.x and trunk.

To check available limit, openib btl checks /sys/module/mlx4_core/parameters/log_num_mtt , which is nonexistent in fresh drivers, as result of unavailable value, it assumes that log_num_mtt=20 (default value on older drivers).

Therefore, this check is irrelevant.

Anton.

PS: I have MT27500 (ConnectX-3).