[Users] increasing limit of Registerable memory with OFED-3.5-1

Coulter, Susan K skc at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 26 13:25:43 PDT 2013

On Jul 26, 2013, at 4:51 AM, Anton Starikov <ant.starikov at gmail.com<mailto:ant.starikov at gmail.com>> wrote:

This is exactly my point. It is gone. And I am curious what is correct procedure now?

We use only the log_mtts_per_seg here on our newer clusters.  I think that is the new black.

We did some investigation and below is the amount of memory you can allocate give the value of the parameter.

0 - 2 GB (new mlx4 default)
1 - 4 GB
2 - 8 GB
3 - 16 GB (old mlx4 default)
4 - 32 GB
5 - 64 GB
6 - 128 GB
7 - 256 GB

Some drivers accept 1 thru 5 as values, some take 0-7.
We set our value to be the entire memory of the node.

I tried to pass through driver to figure out, does it still have this limit (log_num_mtt) somewhere internally, or it is flexible and irrelevant (like with mlx5 driver). But didn't have much time to get to some conclusion on this matter.

Susan Coulter
HPC-3 Network/Infrastructure
505-667-8425
Increase the Peace...
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind