[Users] Bridging an IPoIB Interface in Linux

Russell Dekema dekemar at umich.edu
Sun May 5 15:06:39 PDT 2013

Good afternoon,

Is it possible to add an IPoIB interface to a Linux network bridge? I was
messing with OFED 3.5 on Ubuntu 12.04.02 but received the following error:

# brctl addbr br0
# brctl addif br0 ib0
can't add ib0 to bridge br0: Invalid argument

If IPoIB interfaces can't be bridged at the moment due to inherent driver
problems, that is fine. Otherwise, I would be curious to know what
configurations (Linux distribution, OFED version, IB hardware) people have
been able to make this work on.

Thanks,
Rusty Dekema

[Writing for myself, not on behalf of any employer.]