[Users] ibnetdiscover error

Weiny, Ira ira.weiny at intel.com
Mon May 20 12:49:00 PDT 2013

Try

ibnetdiscover -C mlx4_1

This should use port 1 of that card

Ira

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Coulter [markus at lanl.gov<mailto:markus at lanl.gov>]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:44 PM Pacific Standard Time
To: users at lists.openfabrics.org
Subject: [Users] ibnetdiscover error

One of our newer systems is failing to run ibnetdiscover - below is the failure message and code snippet.
I think I have tracked it down to the fact that on this system, mlx4_0 is a 10G Mellanox card.
The IB/VPI card is mlx4_1.

What is the format expected on the -P option of ibnetdiscover so I can tell it to use a different port ??

[root at ls-master src]# ibnetdiscover
src/query_smp.c:234; Failed to register SMI agent on ((null):0)
ibnetdiscover: iberror: failed: discover failed

> code snippet that is failing

        if ((engine->smi_agent = umad_register(engine->umad_fd,
             IB_SMI_CLASS, 1, 0, 0)) < 0) {
                IBND_ERROR("Failed to register SMI agent on (%s:%d)\n",
                           ca_name, ca_port);
                goto eio_close;
        }

Susan Coulter
HPC-3 Network/Infrastructure
505-667-8425
Increase the Peace...
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind