[Users] HP BLc QLogic 4X QDR IB Switch oddness

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Sun May 26 06:47:55 PDT 2013

On Sun, May 26, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <andrei at arhont.com>wrote:

> ------------------------------

By port state, do you mean port state or port physical state ? Note that
there's some relationship between the two but port physical state can
change without port state changing. In the opensm log, you should see trap
128 when link (port) state changes. If the port/link is constantly
(re)negotiating and doesn't get to LinkUp (port physical state)/Init (port
state), you won't see this in the log. If port state is truly changing, you
should see this trap in the opensm log.

-- Hal