[Users] mthca lockup

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Sep 23 11:37:00 PDT 2013

On 09/23/2013 12:00 PM, Rupert Dance wrote:
> When OFA software is installed from the OFED distribution, a utility is
> included called "ofed_info" which will spit out a lot of data about what was
> installed. A simpler command is available using "ofed_info -s" which gives
> just the version. Things may be slightly different in the packaging from
> various Distros.
>
> The reason I asked about the version is that OFED 3.5-2 includes an updated
> version of the mthca module and so I was curious if this could be related.
> If you want to try the latest build from the OFA you can find it here but be
> aware that you can get conflicts between the Distro version of OFA software
> and OFED itself. So try to remove all support for OFED before you installed
> the 3.5-2 package. If this is a production cluster, you may be best to try
> it on a test cluster first.
>
> http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/OFED/ofed-3.5-2/OFED-3.5-2-rc1.tgz

Thanks, but I don't see any evidence that 3.5-2 actually has an updated
libmthca.  It seems to have libmthca-1.0.6-1.src.rpm which seems to be the
same version I have via the distro.

The release notes indicates an updated libmthca compared to 3.5-1, but this
appears to be a mistake.  It is updated compared to 3.5 though.

Also, apparently err -16 indicates EBUSY so perhaps the hardware had locked up
somehow.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com