[Users] RSS related query for connectx vpi card

rakesh yadav rakeshyadav83 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 25 06:33:37 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am using Mellanox InfiniBand card and lspci command output
is

InfiniBand: Mellanox Technologies MT25418 [ConnectX VPI PCIe
2.0 2.5GT/s - IB DDR / 10GigE] (rev a0)

It has two ports and both have been configured as Ethernet.
The firmware version is 2.9.1314.

I have installed ofed-1.5.4 and the linux kernel version is  2.6.36.

I have few queries related to this card:-
	1. Does it support RSS and if it supports then what are the default flow keys (like source address, destination address etc.) being used for hashing in card. How to find out these flow keys
	2. How can I change these flow keys using ethtool?
Let’s say I want to use 3 flow keys for hashing (source and destination address
and protocol field of layer 3) then what should be the ethtool command for
this.

	3. ethtol -k eth_name shows receive-hashing: off what is the meaning of "receive-hashing" ? when i tried to enable it, the output was operation not supported.
I tried some options with ethtool but I may
be trying wrong options.

Thanks