[Users] IPoIB failing

Michael Robbert mrobbert at mines.edu
Tue May 6 08:12:51 PDT 2014

Susan,
We discovered that the problem is related to datagram mode. When we
switched this host, and all the hosts on that fabric to connected mode,
the problem stopped. I had chosen datagram mode because I wasn't able to
produce any throughput tests that showed connected mode to be any faster
and I had read somewhere that connected mode had some stability issues.
Datagram mode seemed to be the default for the OS so I assumed that it
was set that way for a reason. I am guessing that you are using
connected mode. If so, why did you choose that? I'm also curious what
kind of throughput to expect?

Thanks,
Mike