[Users] Learning Infiniband

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 04:23:10 PDT 2014

Hi Phillipp,

InfiniBand is a pretty broad topic so it will depend on your specific
interests ;-)

There is "Infiniband for Dummies" book although I have not read it.

I also found "InfiniBand for End Users":
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcw.infinibandta.org%2Fdocument%2Fdl%2F7268&ei=cXpPVM2yIeWt7AbtmoDIBw&usg=AFQjCNEnFWMPwDTU1_14zmxh6RCJsYSw1g&sig2=2n0U1MwEbdgLTFgZMyBwiA&bvm=bv.77880786,d.ZWU

Although it's dense and not a light read, the definitive source is the
InfiniBand spec from the IBTA (
http://www.infinibandta.org/content/pages.php?pg=technology_download) which
can be obtained by non members.

I believe various hardware vendors and IBTA offer training to come up the
learning curve on IB.

There are numerous materials also on OpenFabrics site (www.openfabrics.org)
which may help as well.

Hope this helps.