[Users] Learning Infiniband

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:27:28 PDT 2014

I realize this is a long shot, but do you happen to already be coming
for the SC14 conference in a few weeks in New Orleans? (see
sc14.supercomputing.org)  There is a set of tutorials on Monday, Nov 17,
titled "InfiniBand and High-Speed Ethernet for Dummies".  If you happen
to already be coming, then adding the tutorials to the existing
registration might not be too bad.

For future reference, SC is a really good conference, especially for
things like IB that (historically, at least) are primarily used for HPC
workloads.  It may be a little late now, since it's only about 3 weeks
from now, but maybe in future years, it would be an option.

ISC (see supercomp.de) also happens each spring in Germany (Leipzig in
2014, Frankfurt in 2015), but having never been there, I don't know if
it would be much help to you or not.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab