[Users] IPoIB on CentOS 6.5

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Wed Mar 18 10:30:23 PDT 2015

On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:54:02 +0100
Mehmet Soysal <mehmet.soysal at kit.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> did you solved the problem ?
> We have a similar issue since a upgrade to RHEL 6.5 or higher.
>
> On our nodes ipoib is not working any longer after a opensm fail over
> occurs.

Actually IPoIB is known broken in rhel6 (6.5 zstream 431-x, x > 37 and
for 6.6 all released -504). Redhat knows this and is working on a fix
(there may be a candidate fix kernel to request). Meanwhile we've
rebuilt latest -504 with the ipoib from 6.5 (which works fine for us).

If you're interested in our -504 pkgs with old/working ipoib contact me
offlist.

Since last week you also get the additional complication of the verbs
CVE to take into account when picking a working setup...

/Peter K