[Users] IPoIB on CentOS 6.5

Mehmet Soysal mehmet.soysal at kit.edu
Thu Mar 19 02:02:17 PDT 2015

Hi,
i would also be interested what "known broken" means.
Is Redhat aware of that?
Does anyone also have problems during a opensm failover ?

best regards
M.Soysal

On 18.03.2015 22:08, Foraker, Jim wrote:
>       Does ³known broken² mean Mehmet¹s case where IPoIB dies after an
> opensm failover, or broken in other ways?  The only issue we¹ve seen with
> IPoIB in RHEL 6.6 has been a bug with QIB hardware and kernel-based RDMA
> (Lustre, SRP). Is there a RHEL bugzilla bug open on the issue(s)?
>
>       Jim
>

> On 3/18/15, 10:30 AM, "Peter Kjellström" <cap at nsc.liu.se> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 17 Mar 2015 15:54:02 +0100
>> Mehmet Soysal <mehmet.soysal at kit.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> did you solved the problem ?
>>> We have a similar issue since a upgrade to RHEL 6.5 or higher.
>>>
>>> On our nodes ipoib is not working any longer after a opensm fail over
>>> occurs.
>> Actually IPoIB is known broken in rhel6 (6.5 zstream 431-x, x > 37 and
>> for 6.6 all released -504). Redhat knows this and is working on a fix
>> (there may be a candidate fix kernel to request). Meanwhile we've
>> rebuilt latest -504 with the ipoib from 6.5 (which works fine for us).
>>
>> If you're interested in our -504 pkgs with old/working ipoib contact me
>> offlist.
>>
>> Since last week you also get the additional complication of the verbs
>> CVE to take into account when picking a working setup...
>>
>> /Peter K

Mehmet Soysal
Scientific Computing and Services (SCS)

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
Zirkel 2, Gebäude 20.21, Raum 206
D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel. : +49 721 608-46347
Fax  : +49 721 32550
Email: Mehmet.Soysal at kit.edu
WWW : http://www.scc.kit.edu

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und
nationales Forschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft