[Users] IB Virtual Lanes

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:17:18 PDT 2015

SLs are mapped to VLs so it's exposed based on that mapping. SL is part of
the PathRecor, /MultiPathRecord, and MCMemberRecord SA queries.

There is documentation in IBA volume 1 in terms of both SLs and VLs as well
as QoS Annex as well as those SA records.

OpenSM supports both basic QoS as well as support for QoS Annex which
allows for SL to be configured for path record queries which is basic
mechanism by which application/ULP obtains the needed info (along with rate
& MTU). There is OpenSM documentation on this doc/qos-config.txt (basic)
and doc/QoS_management_in_OpenSM.txt (QoS Annex support).

IPoIB kernel ULP supports SL per partition (via child interface).

-- Hal