[Users] IPOIB issue

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Wed Oct 14 07:31:35 PDT 2015

Not sure if this is where I can get help with this, but...

Running standard CentOS 6.7
Mellanox infiniband adapters
Running OpenSM on one node

If that node reboots, suddenly it can no longer ping/be pinged across the ipoib network.
It can ping itself and it can ping any boxes that get rebooted.
Until they are rebooted, those boxes can ping each other but NOT any node that has been rebooted.

Almost like there is a new network and you have to reboot to join it...

Grrr...
ibhosts still shows all hosts. I can also ibping any node just fine. It is just the IPOIB bit that seems to choke.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California