[Users] Mellanox FDR card with QDR infiniband switch

Pawel Dziekonski pawel.dziekonski at wcss.pl
Wed Dec 7 04:03:43 PST 2016

Hi,

well, it's supposed to work, because theoretically both
vendors must be compliant to IBTA. Both say they are, but
you know... ;-)

Anyway, I used to connect DDR and QDR Mellanox cards and
switches to Qlogic QDR switch. It works, however it
sometimes requires updated firmware. Check with vendors on
both ends.

cheers, P

--
Pawel Dziekonski <pawel.dziekonski at wcss.pl>
Wroclaw Centre for Networking & Supercomputing, HPC Department