[Users] Determining # queue pairs allocated

Sasso, John (GE Power, Non-GE) John1.Sasso at ge.com
Tue Jun 28 07:40:07 PDT 2016

I tried addressing this question on the OpenMPI mailing list, but to no avail.  On a system running RedHat Linux 6 and with OFED 3.1.1 installed, how can I determine how many QP's have been allocated when an MPI job is running?    The systems have Mellanox ConnectX HCAs installed.

I know 'ibv_devinfo -v' will show max_qp but that is only the maximum possible supported, not how many are currently allocated.   I've done a lot of digging including doing code-dives, and have been unable to figure this out.  Thanks!

--john