[Users] Error : Missing master SM in the discover fabric

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Wed May 3 11:17:15 PDT 2017

Who is switch vendor ? Which LED on switch is on ? Is it the port LED ? Is
it solid or flashing (orange) ?

Rebooting the Linux box causes the link to the switch to be renegotiated.
That would complete before SM comes up on that Linux box so that port/link
won't be active until that occurs.

You should not have to manually start opensm but there is a window until
opensm is started and gets far enough to discover and activate the subnet
which would turn the port LED from orange to green.

When ibdiagnet on that machine detects no master SM, is opensm already up
and running ? That sounds consistent with solid orange LED on switch port
LED and opensm not yet started.

When the subnet is in that state, is opensm running or has it not yet
started ?

-- Hal