[Users] opensm params

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 10:26:22 PDT 2017

There are 2 parameters:

# The maximal time a packet can wait at the head of
# transmission queue.
# The actual time is 4.096usec * 2^<head_of_queue_lifetime>
# The value 0x14 disables this mechanism
head_of_queue_lifetime 0x12

# The maximal time a packet can wait at the head of queue on
# switch port connected to a CA or router port
leaf_head_of_queue_lifetime 0x10

head_of_queue_lifetime is used on switch ports whose peer is a switch port.
leaf_head_of_queue_lifetime is used on switch ports whose peer is not a
switch port.

The other related parameter is the switch LifeTimeValue which is:
# The code of maximal time a packet can live in a switch
# The actual time is 4.096usec * 2^<packet_life_time>
# The value 0x14 disables this mechanism
packet_life_time 0x12

These parameters affect packet discarding and can affect performance.

-- Hal