[Users] Using IBCM for connection

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 04:46:45 PDT 2018

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018 at 1:17 AM, Nikhil Singh <nks03021993 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am new to IB. trying to write a application which just establishes a
> connection between two nodes.
> Does libibcm provides the mechanism/API for getting path record (like
> rdma_route_resolve provided by librdmacm) ?

No; The path records are obtained by other means and supplied to IBCM. Some
apps use SA queries for those path records and other use configuration and
out of band mechanisms to pass around the path record parameters.

> OR can we write an server/client application exclusively using IBCM (i.e.
> without RDMACM) ?

Note that IBCM has recently been deprecated so RDMA CM should be used. The
IPv4/v6 modes of RDMA CM do obtain the path record but if you don't want to
rely on IPoIB,  there is also AF_IB mode where AFAIR the path record info
needs to be supplied.

-- Hal