[Users] does opensm support directed torus topology?

Hal Rosenstock hal.rosenstock at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 04:53:47 PDT 2018

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 8:15 AM, Hal Rosenstock <hal.rosenstock at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 2:06 AM, John Evan <evajohn.777 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am trying to create a switch-less torus topology(3x3x3).
>>

> What is a switch-less torus topology ? Do you mean that the 3x3x3 torus
> topology is comprised of CA ports only ?

Is this 27 hosts without direct connection between all the hosts ?

>> I know that opensm provides torus-2QoS routing engine but, i think the
>> opensm documentation considers a switched topology.
>>
>> Does anyone know whether opensm provides support to switch-less torus
>> topology?
>>

> In IBA, back to back" CAs (switchless) is a "separate" IB subnet and
> that's how OpenSM treats this.

Assuming any host may need to talk to any of the other hosts, as long as
all the hosts are directly connected (one hop away) to all the other hosts,
this should work but requires configuration. If some hosts are not directly
connected (but more than 1 hop away), it will not work as the CAs in the
hosts do not forward packets as do IB switches and routers.