[Users] does opensm support directed torus topology?

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Thu Jun 7 07:00:57 PDT 2018

On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 17:31:11 +0530
John Evan <evajohn.777 at gmail.com> wrote:

> yes, all the hosts don't have direct connection with all the other
> hosts.
>
> Then assuming that the CA's have switch functions (forwarding the
> packets) in them , whether opensm can support the topology?

The SM sets up a subnet which has a topology. In your example there are
multiple subnets (of the trivial point to point topology). IB does not
support forwarding tables in CA.

What remains would be either IB routing on the hosts (routing packets
globally between several subnets) or a special type of host adapter
that also implemented a switch internally.

I'm not aware of the existence of either of those...

/Peter