[openfabrics-ewg] rc3 installation issues.

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Apr 24 06:05:54 PDT 2006

Thanks for the testing - we will fix both the documentation (that as was
explained before was not updated from the base of Mellanox release) and
the problems in the install/uninstall.

Regarding uDAPL and RHEL4 (up2 & 3): Since we have not completed the
uCMA backport for kernel 2.6.9 we eliminated uDAPL installation in case
of this kernel. We also indicated this in the package limitation mail.

See all release limitations as appeared in the RC3 release mail:

   1. iSER is working on SuSE SLES 10 Beta8 only

   2. MPI OSU and Open MPI compilation fails on PPC64

   3. uDAPL does not supported on RH EL4 (up2 and up3) since rdma_ucm
module does
       not work on 2.6.9* kernels. If someone has a patch we will use
it.

   4. ipath driver compilation fails on RH EL4 and FedoraC4.

Tziporet