[openfabrics-ewg] Issues with the OFED 1.1 (openib-1.1.tgz)

Ira Weiny weiny2 at llnl.gov
Wed Aug 16 10:56:59 PDT 2006

I am wondering why the openib-1.1.tgz userspace sources are not simply a tar of
the https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.1 branch, or better yet a tag
somewhere marked 1.1rc1?  In the end I would assume that
openib-1.1/src/userspace from openib-1.1.tgz would exactly match that tag,
right?

The specific issues I have found thus far are:

1) I already emailed about the autogen.sh missing from libibverbs.  I really
   feel that all of the source (including *.[in,am]) should be included in this
   tarball.  I can understand an argument against the autogen stuff but it
   really is easier to just leave it in there, right?

2) There were Makefiles which slipped in osm.  These files are not checked into
   the 1.1 branch.  They obviously got tar'ed up by accident.

3) Finally, what is the purpose of the user_fixes patches.  Why are they not
   part of the branch?  And why is there only libmthca_stddef.patch in
   https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/1.1/ofed/patches/user_fixes/ when there
   are 3 (libibverbs_have_sysfs_read_hack.patch libmthca_fence.patch
   libmthca_stddef.patch) in the tarball?  Shouldn't these be simply changes on
   the branch SVN, _NO_ patches at all?

Thanks,
Ira Weiny
LLNL