[openfabrics-ewg] git question

Sasha Khapyorsky sashak at voltaire.com
Mon Oct 23 11:49:18 PDT 2006

On 14:08 Mon 23 Oct     , Minich, Makia wrote:
> Since the kernel code is moved to the git repo, I have a question.  I
> see on the development wiki a howto on checking out specifically the IB
> source, but how do I do some equivalent of an "svn update"?  Every time
> I attempt to do a "git pull" I get "Where do you want to fetch from
> today?".  Is there something else I need to do?

Basically you need to specify remote repo name with 'git pull' (look at
'man git-pull' for details).

But if your local tree was cloned from somewhere (with 'git clone
remote-repo') there should be reference to this remote-repo named
'origin' (it is generated in clone time), and when such 'origin'
exists command 'git pull' without names will use this remote repo (IOW
'git pull' is equivalent to 'git pull origin' (this can be reconfigured
btw)).

Sasha