[ewg] RFC: Do we wish to take MPI out of OFED?

Pavel Shamis (Pasha) pashash at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 01:09:56 PDT 2009

> - Need to synchronize between different projects
The synchronization between OFED and MPIs are minimal.
In most cases OFED just take last available MPI version.

It happens that OFED discovers some really critical bug
and we ask MPI to provide new version. But for critical
bugs, MPI team anyway releases new bugfix version ASAP.

> - MPI is an important RDMA ULP and although it is not developed in OFA
> it is widely used by OFED customers
I guess that MPI users are the widest OFED user community and including
MPI as part of OFED definitely simplify
end-user live.

I'm personally against excluding MPI from OFED package.

Pasha.