[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] GSI Implementation Candidate

Dror Goldenberg gdror at mellanox.co.il
Wed Aug 4 14:26:54 PDT 2004

If you want to follow the VE API, then here is an idea. The consumer gets
the reserved LKey value through query HCA. If you allocate an MR with
translation
off for each different PD you allocate, then you can provide the consumer
with this
MR. Obviously you need to do that only for kernel consumers only, and you
have a hidden
assumption that a consumer doesn't create more than one PD. If you can not
assume
that , then it won't work... Obviously, you'd need to create the PD (if it
hasn't
been created yet) when the CA is queried, which is also a bit ugly.
Bottom line, is that I am not so sure that it is so important to match the
exact verbs in this case.

-Dror