[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] GSI Implementation Candidate

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Aug 3 21:23:24 PDT 2004

    Dror> It is not possible to turn off PD check on a MR in
    Dror> Tavor. You will have to create an MR for each PD that you
    Dror> need. One way to go is to map all kernel apps to the same
    Dror> PD, but you probably don't want to do such a thing.

It's no big deal to create one more MR with translation off for each
kernel PD (in fact mthca does it already for access to address
vectors).  So this is a perfectly reasonable solution, it just means
our API can't perfectly match the verbs extensions.

    Dror> Once we get to verbs extensions, you can configure Arbel to
    Dror> disable the PD check for certain QPs.

Yes, I see how Arbel has full support for the base memory management
extensions including reserved L_Key.  I would assume we will allow use
of reserved L_Key for all kernel QPs (and no userspace QPs).

Thanks,
  Roland