[openib-general] Some ib_mad.h Redirection Comments

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sat Aug 7 12:36:02 PDT 2004

    Yaron> If you think Redirect on the requestor side is not trivial,
    Yaron> that is even a better reason to put it in a common place
    Yaron> rather than for every potential client, from what I know it
    Yaron> is already supported by the code Hal posted to some degree,
    Yaron> so it is achievable as well as we can use it instead of
    Yaron> re-inventing a new mechanism

Actually I think redirect on the requestor side involves a non-trivial
amount of policy, which means I want the consumer to be in control of it.
If there is a common policy that many consumers use then we can create
a library or helper functions, but I wouldn't want to force every
consumer to use the same policy.

 - R.