[openib-general] one request

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Aug 24 09:50:49 PDT 2004

    ron> This solution is not workable in bproc systems, so I am
    ron> posting this letter to request that nobody use this type of
    ron> solution in the newer openib software. We void daemons like
    ron> the plague, so we're not going to run daemons that allow this
    ron> type of demand-loading of drivers. Please don't have kernel
    ron> modules demand load other kernel modules.

Oh yeah... one other point... request_module() does not use any
daemon.  The kernel simply execs modprobe to load the module it's
looking for.

 - R.