[openib-general] VAPI programming question

mvonwyl at bluewin.ch mvonwyl at bluewin.ch
Thu Aug 26 07:39:40 PDT 2004

>It sounds like you want to use the CM (either the connection protocol or
>SIDR, depending on what you're trying to do).  The CM uses the GSI, so if
>the GSI works for you, I'd say go ahead and use it, even if you aren't using
>the CM protocol currently.

It seems that the gsi is always busy when trying to get it with the VAPI.
If I use the CM to do that I must register the server's qp to the Subnet
Administrator and perform a request with the client to receive a list from
the SA that contain all the qp that match some properties, right?
It looks like a little be complicate with the CM API but I'll give it a try.

Someone knows where I can find a good CM API specification?

Thanks