[openib-general] Should I use umad -or- osm

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Thu Dec 9 07:52:43 PST 2004

Hi Philip,

	I am currently implementing umad access library. It much simpler
then the osm_vendor api. I would recommend using umad library and not
osm. As a matter of fact the current osm vendor layer does not support
openib gen2. I am working on that either. Both the umad access library
and the new osm vendor layer that uses it are not finished yet. I guess
that I will need at least another week to reach a point where I can
release it. Even then it will change a lot until I will be finished with
it.
The question is can you wait a little? I can give you a preliminary
version - but if you will use it you will have to modify your code
several each time the library interface is changed.
On the other hand, I would like to understand exactly what you need,
because you are the first "client" of the user mode stuff beside me.

Shahar