[openib-general] Should I use umad -or- osm

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Thu Dec 9 08:55:20 PST 2004

Philip,
	I would say that there is not much in common between gen1 and
gen2 user mode mad interface. If you want your tools to works above
both, then osm vendor layer is your only choice. If you are planning to
use gen2 stacks only at some point you can use libumad.

If you need just a simple PM portcounter get query, then maybe osm
vendor api is a bit too "fat" for you. I would consider using gen1
interface directly. But still, this is your choice.

I guess that on the long run, openib gen2 will be the only maintained
openib version. Anyone thinks differently?

Shahar